[Standards-JIG] Proposed XMPP Extension: File Sharing

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Wed Oct 11 10:55:30 UTC 2006

I believe the purpose of the XEP is quite clear. That said, I am under the
impression we could get to the same result by writing an application XEP
using XEP-0030/XEP-0128 for the files store traversal, XEP-0055/XEP-0004 for
the files store search, and XEP-0050 for files store manipulation (retrieve,
remove).
The usual hierarchical nature of many files store binds well with the "node"
support in disco.

Leveraging existing XEP by creating "XEP applications" rather than creating
a different XML schema would have the major advantage of being easily added
to existing clients, as only the "application" logic would have to be
implemented, not new stanzas.

My two cents.

Jean-Louis