[Standards-JIG] Proposed XMPP Extension: File Sharing

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 12:44:05 UTC 2006

On 11 Oct 2006, at 11:55, Jean-Louis Seguineau wrote:
> I believe the purpose of the XEP is quite clear. That said, I am
> under the
> impression we could get to the same result by writing an
> application XEP
> using XEP-0030/XEP-0128 for the files store traversal, XEP-0055/
> XEP-0004 for
> the files store search, and XEP-0050 for files store manipulation
> (retrieve,
> remove).

I'd like to see a discussion of this, indeed; MUC components list
their available conferences through disco and listing available files
seems a similar process to me at least. Using 050 for search also
seems something worth considering. What do other people think? Is it
appropriate to suggest the use of 030/050 for this, and limit the
'new' in this XEP to the discussion of requesting a file and use of
queues?

/K

--
Kevin Smith