[Standards-JIG] proto-xel - Shared XML Documents - Invitations

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Wed Oct 11 18:51:27 UTC 2006

(If this XEP goes to MUC, this entire topic disappears and uses the MUC
invitation mechanism)

The invitation mechanism seems strange. The Feature node should (at
least) follow the Disco Feature pattern. This means:
<invitation>
	<feature>http://jabber.org/protocol/whiteboard</feature>
</invitation>

Should be:
<invitation>
	<feature var='http://jabber.org/protocol/whiteboard'</feature>
</invitation>

If Invitations should be accepted or denied, the semantics should be IQ.
If there's a compelling reason to stick with Message (for use through
MUC, perhaps) then a TTL should be applied. It's of no use to respond
"accept" to a message that was stored offline for two weeks. These
messages should use the existing mechanisms for specifying this.

Once I send my "I accept this invitation" message I may get back an
error "session no longer exists". This needs to be addressed.

--
Chris Mullins