[Standards-JIG] proto-xep - File Sharing - PEP Based

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Wed Oct 11 18:59:34 UTC 2006

File sharing is great, but I want more:

1 - I want notifications when a list of files changes

2 - I want notifications when a new version of a file is posted

3 - I want to be able to control who can see what

4 - I want it to be very easy to share files

5 - I want to manage roles and such of people

These all mean PEP. Doing this "the hard way" using IQ means we're
missing out on a ton of very desirable functionality. We don't need to
store the actual files in PEP (god forbid!) , but all the relevant data
should be in there. We can then store links to where the files can be
downloaded.

--

Chris Mullins