[Standards-JIG] proto-xep: Game Sessions - MUC Based

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Wed Oct 11 21:07:22 UTC 2006

Michal 'vorner' Vaner Wrote:

> Yes, but you need these as well:
> *) supgroups of the game
> *) <iq> stanzas
> *) Secrets shared between some of the players and maybe the server

> And it is where the MUC is not the right answer.

I'm not saying you can't add custom items to the game protocol. If you
have an already-written standard, that is widly accepted, and widly
implemented, and widly used, and it solves 80+% of your problems, then
is clearly makes sense to use that.

Nothing is preventing you from creating a PubSub Node (or Nodes) per
game. These nodes can handle topics such as secretes, subgroup, and any
of a number of things. You can also write custom client side pieces to
handle portions of your game.

Hell, you can even spec a Game-Bot who joins the room and provides
orchistration to the game.

--
Chris Mullins