[Standards-JIG] Re: Message importance

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 22:24:10 UTC 2006

I'm with Lukas (please forgive the butchering of your name).  I think
you guys are overcomplicating this use case.  I'm of the opinion that
it's not the sender's job to decide how a message will be presented,
that is the job of the recipient's client.

Now I happen to konw of a client that actually disallows you from
sending a message to someone in DND and I think it's the silliest
thing.  In fact it's the second most annoying misfeature I can think
of.  The first being the inability to send offline messages.

Ok, back on topic.  I actually have no problem with the concept of an
importance field.  But let the recipient deal with it.  I'm thinking
along the lines of web design where CSS styles have various levels of
precedence and the highest level--is the client.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com