[Standards-JIG] Re: Jingle xeps

Joe Beda jbeda at google.com
Thu Oct 12 21:57:31 UTC 2006

The idea here is provide for a scenario where there is intelligent call
routing on the server.  Obviously not all servers will support this.

(Again I don't think that this is necessary for the base jingle xep...)

I would imagine that the client would do a disco to the server to discover
if jingle routing is supported.  In that case, the client would call the
bare jid instead of the full resource and the server would handle this in an
intelligent way.  This is analogous to sending a message to the bare JID --
it is up to the server to figure out the right resource (or resources) to
send this to.  It is necessarily more complicated than the simple fire and
forget message case since any broadcast results in parallel negotiations
(dialogs).

Joe