[Standards-JIG] XEP0191 - Blocking - Directed Presense

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Thu Oct 12 22:48:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I did not see the part where sender gets a not-acceptable when
recipient had blocked him ... From xep 191 , the sender will get a
not-acceptable when he has blocked recipient  and tries to send a
message/presence/etc to him.
Which essentially means that , it will be the remote servers
responsibility to decide how to handle the xmpp stanza.

BTW , does blocking imply unavailability in all forms to the contact ?
As in , before blocking a contact for a user , should server send an
unavailable presence to it on behalf of the user ?
How is presence probe from a contact to be handled in case that contact
is blocked by the user ? (in case above is true)
How does message delivery in context of amp be affected ? As in , will
amp extensions be evaluated as if the user is unavailable ?

Regards,
Mridul