[Standards-JIG] screen sharing & remote control

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 00:39:45 UTC 2006

A user on the Psi forums recently brought up the idea of integrating
Psi with VNC.  VNC [1] for those who are not aware, is an method of
sharing and/or remotely controlling a computer display.  I'm just
playing with the idea in my head, and I'm wondering if anyone has
thought any further on this before?

Would Jingle be used to negotiate a session?

I'll ask this of Chris: should such a protocol be mapped to MUC?  :)

I actually think this would apply.  It's very similar to shared XML
editing / whiteboarding in that respect.  Of course this is much
different in that there is no XML involved in the actual data, it's
all framebuffers and pixel maps.

Just something worth thinking about perhaps.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VNC

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc