[Standards-JIG] screen sharing & remote control

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Fri Oct 13 00:51:31 UTC 2006

That is a very interesting idea.

You very quickly get out of whiteboard space, and almost instantly into
WebEx space. You could hold product demonstrations here, using Psi to
coordinate a number of people watching a particular VNC session. Add in
Voice and Video, and it's a compelling product. Add in a nice web site,
and quick / easy signup and things really get moving.

Mapping it on top of MUC would give you some interesting features:
- Voice (who can use the mouse/keyboard, versus being a passive
participant)
- Subscription Management (password, invite only, etc)
- Session Discovery

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it, to be honest.

--
Chris Mullins