[Standards-JIG] screen sharing & remote control

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at kdemail.net
Fri Oct 13 05:52:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 08:39:45PM -0400, Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> A user on the Psi forums recently brought up the idea of integrating
> Psi with VNC.  VNC [1] for those who are not aware, is an method of
> sharing and/or remotely controlling a computer display.  I'm just
> playing with the idea in my head, and I'm wondering if anyone has
> thought any further on this before?

May be a nice feature.

I hope at last as a plugin. I do not like the idea of having it compiled
if I do not use it (I use ssh and X11 forwarding to run remotely only
the one needed program).

OT: Anyway, I had similar idea - VPN with selected contacts - and get
hamachi out of business.

> Would Jingle be used to negotiate a session?
>
> I'll ask this of Chris: should such a protocol be mapped to MUC?  :)

You do not want to do the payload trough MUC, do you? The payload are
data that:
*) Need to be delivered relatively fast
*) Are not text
*) May be huge amount of them, you would flood the server easilly

I guess at last the picture data should be p2p trough jingle.

--
There is one difference between linux and windows.
With windows, you pay for the software, but you get all the T-shirts for free.

Michal "vorner" Vaner