[Standards-JIG] LAST CALL: XEP-0191 (Simple Communications Blocking)

Mridul Mridul.Muralidharan at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 13 12:06:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I posted some of these questions in a separate thread - reposting here.

1) If user blocks a contact , is the server expected to send an
unavailable presence on behalf of the user if contact is :
  a) either in the roster.
  b) had received a directed presence earlier though not in roster.
2) How is server expected to respond to presence probe's in case 1 is
not true.
3) Does blocking imply (hard) invisibility ?
4) How are amp (and other ?) message  handling extensions to be
evaluated in case contact sends user a message - as though user is offline ?
5) Is block list evaluation restricted to users ? Or can this include
any jid (including component's) ? Full jids (with resource) or only bare
jids ?

Thanks,
Mridul