[Standards-JIG] Anyone here know a good relay and/or a media proxy for Jingle?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Oct 13 15:31:06 UTC 2006

Thiago Rocha Camargo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m starting to implement ICE in a Jingle API, and want to know if
> someone knows a good media relay or a media proxy. Just like OpenSer etc...

You want code to run, or a relay deployment to use?

I've been researching this, too, because we probably want to run a STUN
server at jabber.org. I guess that some STUN server codebases can also
function as media relays. The best I've found is stund, which is hosted
at Vovida.org -- but it is hard to find the most recent version! (In
fact the Vovida folks emailed it to me.) The JSF may in fact take over
operation of stunserver.org, which is one of the public STUN server
deployments, but we're waiting until we get more IP addresses at our
hosting provider.

Jabber Software Foundation