[Standards-JIG] proto-xep: Shared XML Document Editing - related implementation

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Fri Oct 13 22:23:59 UTC 2006

I think I mentioned this before too - but what the heck :-)

Collaborative editing of files was introduced in Sun java studio more
than 2 years back using our xmpp api and server as the backend
middleware : and was subsequently opensourced more than a year back (the
entire client side implementation) : http://collab.netbeans.org/
features the whole thing.
If I am not wrong , it included some namespace extensions which allowed
for file sharing (entire projects trees if I remember correctly) ,
shared editing ,etc - in the context of a muc : so it allowed sharing of
multiple files with different subsets editing different shared files ,
with ability to pull these changes to local file project at any time ,
'unsharing' a file , etc.

Regards,
Mridul

PS : I was not part of that team which designed and implemented this.