[Standards-JIG] Re: Friendly Resource Names

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Oct 14 19:32:10 UTC 2006

> Resources aren't human readable IMO. I think what you want is a
> named geolocation.

Oops, I hit the 'send' button a bit too soon. Anyway, I meant to add
a link to http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0080.html plus a pointer
to the 'description' child of the element. That should capture all
the 'human-readable' information you want from the resource. The
<addresses> child of the PEP event message should indicate from which
resource the geolocation comes, so you have a mapping from resource
to geolocation.

cheers,
Remko