[Standards-JIG] XEP0191 - Blocking - Tracking Blocks

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Oct 16 20:59:40 UTC 2006

Chris Mullins wrote:
> Would there be value in tracking the number of items blocked by a
> blocklist entry? This could easily be added to the protocol as part of
> the blocklist.
>
> This would be retrieved via the blocklist and would look like:
>
> <iq type='result' id='blocklist1'>
>   <blocklist xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/blocking'>
>     <item jid='romeo at montague.net' iqblocks='1' presenceblocks='200'
> messageblocks='38'/>
>     <item jid='iago at shakespeare.lit' iqblocks='7' presenceblocks='91'
> messageblocks='26'/>
>   </blocklist>
> </iq>

In XEP-0191 there is only "blocking", not iq blocking, presence
blocking, and message blocking.

Where do these numbers come from? Is this the number of other users on
the same server who have also blocked that entity?

> I think this would a feature that could be displayed in the client, and
> people would be interested in seeing.

Why? This is supposed to be "simple communications blocking". But maybe
it could be added to privacy lists.

Jabber Software Foundation