[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: XEP-0191 (Simple Communications Blocking)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Oct 16 21:35:37 UTC 2006

XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.3 of XEP-0191 (Simple Communications Blocking) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP protocol extension for simple communications blocking.
>
> Changelog: Specified relationship to privacy lists, JID matching rules, server handling of outbound presence on block and unblock, handling of directed presence, syntax of block element. (psa)
>
> CVS Diff: http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/xmpp/extensions/xep-0191.xml?r1=1.3&r2=1.5

Another potentially desirable feature is "blocking pushes" -- when I
block a user from one resource, all of my interested resources (i.e.,
resources that have requested the block list) receive an IQ set from the
server with the newly blocked item. This too is consistent with privacy
lists. I'll look at adding that to the next version.

Jabber Software Foundation