[Standards-JIG] New version of chess game protocol

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at kdemail.net
Wed Oct 18 21:33:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:31:13PM +0100, Richard Dobson wrote:
> Robert B Quattlebaum, Jr. wrote:

<snip/>

> >If anything I think this game component should be an extension of MUC to
> >allow for some niceties, like avoiding cropping the history of a game
> >for new spectators arriving in the middle of a game.
>
> See above.
>
> >I'm not saying that there isn't a need for a game-specific component,
> >I'm just stating that:
> >
> >    1) The protocol (and the clients) should not prevent the use of a
> >MUC for sending game moves. MUC should be a baseline.
>
> Sure, and thats fine for some games like chess and checkers, but as
> detailed above, not all.

Do you think it could be done with EMUC (as I mentioned in other
thread)? The MUC behaviour could be modified and the logic could be
inserted into it somehow more directly.

If you have MUC and something other that "knows" the game, you need the
clients to assemble these two together somehow.

<snip/>

--

Michal "vorner" Vaner