[Standards-JIG] EMUC proposal

Hugues Pisapia huguespisapia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:00:52 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I recently posted the attached protoxep to the xep editor for comments
and review.

This proto is based on what we did at Horizon WImba to enable audio
communication in a MUC room. One of the though behind that was to be
extendable enought to enable other means of collaboration in a Room
-the reason why it's named "Multi-User Collaboration"-

Initially, it did not use Jingle as it was not yet drafted, but we
should use that to establish connection between a client and a "Room"
(the server would be multiplexing/reflecting the media sent by
clients).

As of now, it is very basic, but defines how communication, and who
control them, should take place in a room. As Jean-Louis said, each
type of media (screen/document sharing, audio/video, other...) should
have it's own XEP.

- Hugues

--
Hugues