[Standards-JIG] Smack Jingle Development - XEP for Media Proxy negociation

Thiago Rocha Camargo thiago at jivesoftware.com
Wed Oct 25 14:17:08 UTC 2006

Hello  Jean-Louis,

The proxy that I intend to do. It is just a Media Proxy to help in NAT
Traversal issues.

So the proxy will just ACT as intermediary actor in the calling.

                       |             |
|                     |                       |          |
Jingle Client ---|  NAT  | ------------| Media Proxy |---------------|
NAT | --- Jingle Client B

And for the first moment I intend to use RAW-UDP for the transport.

For Voice Mail Proxy I understand that the Proxy must act as a standard
Jingle client, but for a RTP Redirection Media Proxy, I didn´t see any
XEP describing such behavior.

Regards,
Thiago