[Standards-JIG] RFC 3921 Better User Presence Experience (Implementation Detail)

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Oct 26 09:45:28 UTC 2006

Mridul schrieb:
> You have s2s connections being dropped frequently - cos of inactivity ,
> configured timeouts , etc.
> So losing of an s2s connection does not imply that the remote server is
> gone - just that the socket has been closed.

I think JD only proposed, that presences should set to unavailable only
if stanzas cannot be delivered (i.e. NOT on a closed connection).
That is if the server tries to connect to another server but is unable
to do so.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

BTW: Not sure yet on what I think about that.

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56