[Standards-JIG] Smack Jingle Development - XEP for Media Proxy negociation

Thiago Rocha Camargo thiago at jivesoftware.com
Mon Oct 30 19:07:22 UTC 2006

Sometimes we have Networks which BLOCKS STUN Services... If we have a
extra CARD! We can solve this issue :)

For this cases I think:

The last try ( the lowest priority ) could be a Media Relay address that
came from the XMPP server.
XMPP provides a candidate taht is a Media Bridge with rport enabled.

"This trick solves the NAT traversal
problem, no matter how many NATs the client is traversing. However, the main
disadvantage is that, in some cases, the client will not receive early media
and it will not hear the ringing."

Even the user don´t have access to a STUN Service.

Regards,
Thiago