[Standards-JIG] RE: Standards-JIG Digest, Vol 35, Issue 91

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Tue Oct 31 22:17:33 UTC 2006

You are right from a RFC 'letter' stand point, Peter. I was just referring
to the few actual applications I have come across, not saying you where
wrong in any way. The server has to really be knowledgeable about the UA's
state to "decide to queue the call rather than reject it". I have not dealt
with SIP enabled call center (which would certainly fit in the RFC excerpt
if they were widely deployed), but 182 are commonly returned by SIP phones
able to queue several calls.

The truth in SIP lies with the way the RFC is interpreted by its high
priests. Were mere mortals :)