[Standards-JIG] Disco Extension for XMPP servers. Was: Re: [jdev] Jabber message Maximum length

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Sep 7 07:20:05 UTC 2006

Moving this to standards-jig. Reply below.

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 03:48:20PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Ralph Meijer wrote:
> [..]
>
> > > It would also be useful for clients if servers could advertize
> > > somehow their default-maximum-stanza-size.
> >
> > I suggest using Service Discovery for this. It might be useful to
> > provide a standard form field for this. That should be discussed on
> > standards-jig.
> >

> We can add this to JEP-0128.

Looking at example 1 of JEP-0128 (Service Discovery Extensions), it
appears to me that the suggested FORM_TYPE is standard. I do not believe
that to be the case. As far as I can tell, the FORM_TYPE is not
registered.

I'd say that a new FORM_TYPE would need to be defined for relaying
additional info using JEP-0128 for entities of the identity category of
'server'.  I don't think this belongs in JEP-0128 itself, but we should
fix example 1 to use the to-be-defined FORM_TYPE.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm