[Standards-JIG] Behaviour when sending a message to a negative priority resource

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Mon Sep 11 08:50:27 UTC 2006

Mickael Remond schrieb:
> I was wondering what is the correct behaviour in the following case, but
> did not manage to find the correct reference.

RFC 3921, 11.1 clause 1:

If the JID is of the form <user at domain/resource> and an available
resource matches the full JID, the recipient's server MUST deliver the
stanza to that resource.

This is the first step when delivering messages, therefore I'd say that
the message gets delivered to the specified resource, even if the
priority of this resource's presence is negative.

If the client is not able to handle messages, it should "bounce" the
message back to the sender by generating a message of type error.

Tot kijk
     Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56