[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0136 (Message Archiving)

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Sep 12 11:23:42 UTC 2006

Le lundi 11 septembre 2006 20:41, Ian Paterson a écrit :
> Web clients can have no local config file.

there is jabber:iq:private for that.

> When e2e encryption is
> enabled Web clients must use client-logging (manual not auto archiving).

Why not ?  because of the double encryption ?  not a real problem

> Also some people already use several clients (home, work, web and
> mobile) and occasionally upgrade to new clients as better ones are
> released. They don't want to have to set up their (local) archiving
> preferences for every client they use, and to manually synchronize them
> on every client whenever their preferences change!

- When upgrading, smart applications should convert the old config.
- Do user want same logging preference on every computer (not sure they want
to store logs on other's computer) (example, I visit my friend and i connect
my account their)
- Logs on different computer are hardly manageable, that's the reason of the
server archive.