[Standards-JIG] Communicating timezone information

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Sep 13 08:19:46 UTC 2006

On Wed Sep  6 22:25:08 2006, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I've thought about forcing iq:time to use the JEP-0082 format. What
> would be the transition issues?

Just caught up with this thread, sorry for the late entry.

Why JEP-0082 and not RFC3339? They're specifying almost precisely the
same thing, and I can't help thinking that two specifications are
going to result in seperation by a common tongue. Can JEP-0082 be
rewritten to act as a pointer to RFC3339? (Assuming it has sufficient
added value) Or could JEP-0082's added value be worked into an
RFC3339-bis? (Assuming its added value is of broader scope than XMPP)

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/