[Standards-JIG] JEP-0136 Message Archiving

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Sep 13 15:04:40 UTC 2006

Hi Ian!

Ian Paterson schrieb:
> Matthias Wimmer wrote:
>> BTW: What are the considerations for choosing the chosen cryptography
>> schemes of JEP-0136?
>>
> Good question. I think they are particularly secure and very simple to
> implement. For example, RSA-KEM is currently the only required
> encapsulation scheme since it is NESSIE-recommended and its security is
> tightly proven (unlike RSA-OAEP or PKCS #1 v1.5).

Okay ... so it seems there is no special reason why we encrypt the data
that way.
May I ask another question? Why do we than invent our own definition for
storing encrypted data? Is there any reason to not just use an already
existing standard? I think of "XML Encryption" by the W3C

http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/

Tot kijk
     Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56