[Standards-JIG] email best practices JEP

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 16:16:59 UTC 2006

On 9/22/06, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> The email protocols, as a whole, are considerably more extended than
> XMPP, and represent a vast installed base that makes XMPP usage look
> like a minor blip
<snip lots of good detail>

While I agree with all of your reasoning, I think that you
underestimate the ability of the consumer to move the market.  You do
know it's already done with Gmail right?  Gtalk is perfectly
integrated inside of the Gmail client.  I have no idea but I bet users
love it.  If my jabber client slot wasn't already well occupied, I'd
be using this feature of Gmail.

Also I bet that a solid Thunderbird extension would go a LONG way.
You know how those Mozilla fanboys are.  :)

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com