[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Stanza Profiles

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Wed Aug 1 19:14:18 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 11:26 am, Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
> Justin Karneges wrote:
> > I think Chat State Notifications falls under IM.
>
> You can have chat state along with a body/xhtml - I thought the proposal
> said you cant have more than one element from a profile within a message ?

You can't mix profiles, but you can have many elements from one profile.

Rule #3 is "Each element is part of some profile. Unless otherwise stated, the
same profile applies to every element of a given namespace."  What this gives
us is a bunch of profiles with a single element (x:data, rpc, IBB, html,
x:oob, etc), and at least one profile from XMPP-IM containing multiple
elements (body, subject, thread).

We then use the "Unless otherwise stated" part of Rule #3 to put body,
subject, thread, html, x:oob, chat states and others into an "IM" profile, so
that their combined use is allowed (otherwise, for example, body and html
would not be allowed together).

-Justin