[Standards] MUC rooms on roster.

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Fri Aug 3 09:30:05 UTC 2007

Dnia 03-08-2007, pią o godzinie 11:10 +0200, Robin Redeker napisał(a):
> Hm, and what is about http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0048.html ?

Hmm... I had always found this JEP awkward.
We have roster to store these kinds of things.
Early versions of jabberd/2 allowed storing an <x/> element with the
roster item, that clients could store the additional item information.
But it was explicitly forbidden by Standards JIG, thus removing support,
which in turn resulted in JEP-0048.

> That works (see below) but there is a more pressing problem here:
> [...]

This is why I asked, to hear others feedback and issues.
Could we use standard roster for it, or we really have to stick with the
XEP-0048 defined alternative roster.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/