[Standards] NEW: XEP-0227 (Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers)

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Wed Aug 8 23:23:36 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> writes:

> Why does this document specify an XML namespace? It doesn't seem
> necessary to namespace the content.

Indeed, not for its own sake; I was thinking about external tools that
might want to identify the file, or embed it into some other document.

> Also the files could get very large (think about export of information
> for all 250,000+ users of the jabber.org server). In the XMPP Council
> meeting, Ralph Meijer suggested the use of XInclude to reduce the file
> size. YMMV. :)

Hm… that could work just as well as defining a strict directory
structure.  I guess not all XMPP-IM servers have a complete XInclude
implementation, but that could be "solved" by a few SHOULD NOTs in the
XEP, I think.

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se