[Standards] NEW: XEP-0224 (Attention)

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Thu Aug 9 23:34:36 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 9 août 2007, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
> Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Le mercredi 8 août 2007, XMPP Extensions Editor a écrit :
> >> Version 0.1 of XEP-0224 (Attention) has been released.
> >>
> >> Abstract: This document defines an XMPP protocol extension for getting
> >> the attention of another user.

> > One year ago, i also wrote a JEP about that (but never published it)
> >
> > The concept is quite the same.  (but i also defined a lower important
> > message level)
> >
> > I did not publish it because I was thinking it could be included in the
> > SHIM (XEP-0131)
>
> You mean like this?
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0131.html#headers-urgency

Exactly.

If we agree that urgent message demand a particular attention, we have two
different specification for the same thing.

The only difference is that you may demand attention for the previous message
you sent.  The message which demand the attention is not urgent itself, only
the whole discussion is.
Bu i think it probably doesn't matter.

What I suggest is to modify the XEP-0224 into a kind of "Best Practices"
or "Buisness rules" regarding important messages.

--
Olivier

(PS: I've uploaded my old XEP to a web server so it's easier to read it:
http://bepointbe.be/files/notification_level.html )