[Standards] NEW: XEP-0224 (Attention)

Andreas Monitzer jig at monitzer.com
Fri Aug 10 11:57:20 UTC 2007

On Aug 09, 2007, at 22:46, Olivier Goffart wrote:

> I think the lower important level is related and should be include
> to this
> XEP.

If you don't want immediate attention, why send the attention
grabbing message in the first place? I could see a usecase for
"normal" and "urgent", but then again, once you do send that
attention message, it's always urgent anyways. I don't think you can
ask the originating users to make that distinction. I'd guess the
local client could make that differentiation based on the own
presence (don't play the attention sound when DND, only flash the
screen, for example).

andy