[Standards] NEW: XEP-0224 (Attention)

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Fri Aug 10 21:46:13 UTC 2007

On 8/11/07, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:
> IMHO you should send a chat message to the full JID of the person you're
> chatting with. One message, delivered to one resource, not acked. A
> simple throw-away that says "hey!"

Well, I feel tired little bit of this discussion. You may do with this
XEP what you want :)

But I still think that working with IQ in XMPP is easier than with
messages. And if a client doesn't support "attention poking via IQ"
then it's OK. But if a client doesn't support "attention poking via
message" then it will result in strange empty messages, or strange
headline messages or whatever.

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan