[Standards] Jingle: UDP relays

Unnikrishnan V ukv1977 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 04:06:26 UTC 2007

I am not sure of any other services than used for voip ( stun,
stun-relay etc ).

As in my eyes XEP-215 is doing only _stun._udp srv query ( may be its my eye
problem ).

 Now for adding turn we have to  modify XEp-215.What if somebody  want to
use rsip instead of stun and stun-relay ? for the same reasons we started
XEP-215 we have to  make another XEP or upgrade. Even for _stun.tcp ,
_stun.tls queries,  i am  sure XEP 215 will  be modified.

The best approach, in my opinion is to have a generic network service record
framework and XMPP registrar to keep addition of services entries. The same
framework can be used for network server offered service  or XMPP service
(like muc ).

2 more cents :-)
unni