[Standards] whiteboarding and shared editing

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Aug 15 20:12:19 UTC 2007

Boyd Fletcher wrote:

> On 8/15/07 1:54 PM, "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:
>
>> Dave Cridland wrote:
>>> In particular, I'd welcome the Council reinstating
>> We can't "reinstate" something that has not yet been published. :)
>>
>>> the SVG XEP
>> Which one?
>>
>> We have:
>>
>> 1. http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxde.html plus
>> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/whiteboard.html
>>
>> 2. http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/whiteboard2.html
>>

> well the later has a working implementation people can play with and has
> been proven in a number of experiments.

Joonas got his approach working in Psi during the Summer of Code last year.

Ian has a working implementation of whiteboarding in Chatterbox.

Mats has had a working implementation of whiteboarding in Coccinella for
years now.

None of which is directly relevant to the standardization process. Do we
publish them all as Informational specs and let the market decide? That
is not standardization, that is an abdication of standardization.

https://stpeter.im/