[Standards] IMML

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Tue Aug 14 08:45:36 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 08:01, Alex Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 23:08 +0200, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> > Dnia 07-08-2007, wto o godzinie 21:45 +0100, Alex Jones napisał(a):
> > > And this is exactly the problem.
> > >
> > > rsync -a /foo/ /bar/
> > > find -name "*foo*"
> >
> > Correct way of rendering these is to apply italic and bold, but do NOT
> > remove the slashes and asterisks.
>
> Where is this specification?

I think he was talking about commonsense in that particular instance.

Then again, another way to do it is render them hidden.  It looks mangled but
when you copy the text they will still go into the clipboard (at least that's
the experience I get with using Firefox and copying <rp> elements which are
typically hidden) so it won't destroy the code.

Daniel