[Standards] "storage:*" namespaces

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 17:03:44 UTC 2007

On 17 Aug 2007, at 16:50, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I propose that we write new specs to replace XEP-0048 and XEP-0145

I don't really know what's wrong with 48 - it's deployed, it works,
and once it's updated to the new private spec the last of the
complaints that I know of will be gone. Do we need to reinvent the
wheel?

> specify that the payloads can be stored in iq:private or pubsub (i.e.,
> using XEP-0223).

Yes

> XEP-0209 could be updated in place.

Yes

> XEP-0008 should be
> deprecated once XEP-0084 advances to Draft.

I thought 8 had been retracted, and it's evil, so I'm not really sure
why it's even historical.

> Objections?

Only in binning bookmarks.

/K