[Standards] Draft to Final

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Aug 20 13:10:55 UTC 2007

On Fri Aug 17 22:48:00 2007, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Ian and I have talked about potentially submitting XEP-0124 (and
> perhaps
> XEP-0206) for standardization at the IETF. But it remains to be seen
> whether we'll do that anytime soon. However, BOSH is not really
> specific
> to XMPP now so it might make sense.

It's been mentioned in a few places, including Lemonade. If Ian wants
to transform it into an RFC, I'd love to help.

FWIW, the IETF isn't "good" at standardizing things like this,
because the IETF, in general, would prefer you to have "proper"
TCP/IP connectivity - so BOSH becomes, hopefully, a waste of time. I
suspect this would end up with an IESG Note attached saying it's the
best way to handle a bad situation, but I'd hope we could get it onto
the Standards Track.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/