[Standards] shared editing requirements

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Aug 20 16:33:31 UTC 2007

Boyd Fletcher wrote:
> good summary.
>
> WRT: 19 and 20, by XML object are you referring to the entire document or a
> specific element?

I meant XML document. Somehow "XML object" sounded better when I was
typing that email (perhaps on the model of "collaborative data object").

> if the later, then the entire document is also required.
> For sending of the current state there must be a way to get the current
> state without sending all the changes made to get to the point.

Correct.

> also need:
>
> - ability to maintain ordering of XML elementd in the document

Could you describe that a bit more?

> - ability to leverage the permissions from MUC not just run inside muc.

Could you describe that a bit more?

> - ability to get all the changes to the XML document since a specific
> sequence number

Right.

I'll probably write up a XEP about this so we have it all in one place
and so I can categorize the requirements more easily.

/psa