[Standards] Comment to rfc3921 pt 11.1 : handling of messages to ressources with identical priorities

Mridul Mridul.Muralidharan at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 24 12:22:31 UTC 2007

Using same priority for all resources, and expecting messages to be
delivered to all resources is not the right expectation. This is
precisely the reason why priority is configurable at the client side -
and clients need to use it appropriately.

If you have multiple resources of same priority, as Joe Hildebrand
mentioned, it is up to the server to determine which resource to receive
it - for some very valid reasons : some of which have already been
detailed in the thread. JD Conley also detailed a proposal which can
serve as a guideline for client developers if they so chose to use it.

I dont see the need for the multicast behavior when this can be handled
appropriately.

Regards,
Mridul