[Standards] "storage:*" namespaces

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Sun Aug 26 10:00:53 UTC 2007

Dnia 20-08-2007, Pn o godzinie 10:14 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre
napisał(a):
> > Could you please explain what's so ugly in "storage:*"?
>
> The same thing that was so ugly about jabber:* -- it's not a real URI
> or URN.

But at all... It's just a plain, string identifier. Whether it is "real"
or not, it does its job of identifying a namespace.

> At the least, going forward we should not use such monstrosities and
> instead use real URNs.

Sure. Using "real" URNs protects us from nameclashes. But besides that,
I do not see any advantages with using "real" URNs.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka.com  http://www.xiaoka.com/