[Standards] All your problems, solved ;)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Aug 27 20:57:35 UTC 2007

Jonathan Chayce Dickinson wrote:
> Hey People,
>
> I was perusing over a couple of MSDN articles, when I came across DIME
> (Direct Internet Message Encapsulation). Jeez, I thought, that would fix
> all the file issues in Jabber (like SI). So I wrote a draft, any takers?
> What do you all think? Didn't want to push this forward until I got some
> feedback.

Please don't waste our time with fanciful notions like this.

I say it is a fanciful notion because:

1. DIME was some Microsoft technology.

2. Which they submitted to the IETF in 2001 and never updated.

3. Which they then abandoned in favor of "SOAP Message Transmission
Optimization Mechanism" (MTOM).

4. Which in turn basically has nothing to do with XMPP or anything we
would work on here.

And I don't know why my name is on the protoXEP you wrote up, because I
had nothing to do with this.

https://stpeter.im/