[Standards] intro and broken link

Chris Teegarden cteegarden at jabber.com
Mon Aug 27 20:58:44 UTC 2007

Hi everybody!  I'm Dr Nick!  Seriously, I'm Chris and I work in the
server group at jabber.  I'll be a lurker for quite a while but wanted
to say hi.

Also, I was on this page:

  http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2003-March/date.html#1852

and it has a link at the top called "Mor info on this list...".  When I
clicked on it, I got an error page containing the following text:

        Unable to connect to database server
        This either means that the username and password information in
        your settings.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the
        MySQL database server. This could mean your hosting provider's
        database server is down.

        The MySQL error was: Access denied for user
        'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

        Currently, the username is username and the database server is
        localhost.

              * Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
              * Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
              * Are you sure that the database server is running?

        For more help, see the Installation and upgrading handbook. If
        you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact
        your hosting provider.

thanks,
Chris