[Standards] All? your problems, solved?

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Tue Aug 28 10:47:43 UTC 2007

Dnia 27-08-2007, Pn o godzinie 21:55 +0200, Jonathan Chayce Dickinson
napisał(a):
> I was perusing over a couple of MSDN articles, when I came across
> DIME
> (Direct Internet Message Encapsulation). [...]

We already do have a way of using a server as an intermediary for
filetransfers - it's PROXY-65.
If one wants to host a filetransfer proxy at the XMPP server machine,
one is free to deploy PROXY-65.

I really do not like the idea of forcing every XMPP server to binary
data transfer intermediary.

On a side note, I am actively fighting these usage at my server.
As long as the server generates low traffic, I am able to run it
cheaply.
If it would generate high transfers, I would be forced to pay for other
people bandwidth usage. Not nice.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka.com  http://www.xiaoka.com/