[Standards] XEP-0138 vs. TLS compression

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Wed Aug 29 13:00:38 UTC 2007

Speaking of compression, I think we should consider adding the w3's efficient xml interchange (exi) support to xep-138. The testing results I've seen for EXI indicate that in many circumstances it is quite a bit better than zlib or tls compression. In addition to better b/w utilization use of exi within the xmpp router could potentially lead to dramatically improved scalability as binary xml is far more efficient to process.

boyd

Boyd Fletcher
USJFCOM J9/SPAWAR SC SD
M: 757.535.8190 (GSM)
M: 757.771.7084 (BB)
Sent from my BlackBerry so please excuse my typos.