[Standards] rfc3921bis: self-presence

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Wed Aug 29 21:05:55 UTC 2007

Hello,

I think if we have to make this change, the bahviour of the client should be stated. For now, a client cannot expect to gets its own presence.
What is the desired behaviour when it can expect to receive its own presence ? What should happen if it never receive it ? Should it disconnect ? Can it wait synchronously forever ?

I also seconds Rachel point: How do we stage such a change if we do it ? There are many servers and clients out there ? How can we change the standard without disrupting the production ?

I do not have definitive answer, but stability is also important.

--
Mickael Rémond