[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0215 (External Service Discovery)

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:58:12 UTC 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 8:32 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:

> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP protocol extension for
> discovering services external to the XMPP network.

A couple of comments.

- Should there be a "name" attribute, so that if a client wants to do
something generic with these, there's something to show?  The client
specifies an xml:lang in their request, so the server can choose the
right language for the response.

- If you make these requests to a remote server, for whatever reason,
you SHOULD send a directed presence to that server first.  If the
receiving server does not have presence information for a given
requester session, it MUST NOT push updates to that requester session.

If the pushes turn out to work ok in real life, I think we should
think about adding them to disco...