[Standards] XEP-0138 vs. TLS compression

Jonathan Chayce Dickinson chayce.za at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:29:13 UTC 2007

"EXI compression *combines* knowledge of XML with a *widely adopted,
standard compression algorithm* to achieve higher compression ratios
than would be achievable by applying compression to the entire stream."

"which are individually well suited for standard compression algorithms"

If EXI compression is set to true, you SHOULD send the document through
a compression library.

--
jonathan chayce dickinson
ruby/c# developer